Last Updated: October 25, 2021
If you have any concerns or would like to better understand how we use data, please contact us at email@example.com. Below is a high-level summary. Note, only a subset of these apply depending on how you have configured your Pulse status:
- The Pulse desktop app uses the active app, window title, keyboard, and mouse activity to synthesize status. Pulse does not use browser or app activity outside the approved list of whitelisted work applications and URLs (the full list is here).
- Activity is analyzed locally on your computer and is used solely to automate your status update.
- We do not share any status information with your team unless you explicitly opt-in to share with them during onboarding or Pulse Settings.
- Pulse cannot read any messages, data, documents, or other content posted in your tools.
- We do not monitor what you do. We are explicitly not a monitoring app but rather an app to automate status for the benefit of you and your teammates.
- We do not sell your data.
- Your account and data can be deleted at any time.
- Pulse collects application usage analytics in aggregate to identify bugs and inform product enhancements.
- Pulse integrates with Calendar, Google Drive, Zoom, and other applications listed here. Each integration requires a user explicit opt-in. Each integration is solely used to update your status
- You are always in control of your data.
Last Updated: October 25, 2021
Lentil AI, Inc. (collectively “https://getpulse.team” website and desktop application products and services (the “Services”) operated by Lentil AI, Inc. (“Lentil”, “us”, “we”, “our”, or “Pulse”) are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website and in our application when you use our products and services. (“Services”).
This policy outlines our data handling practices, and in particular how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Data. It covers all Personal Data that you affirmatively provide during your interactions with us, information that we automatically collect when you interact with our Services, and information that we collect about you from third parties. The policy is applicable in regions in which we do business, and also describes rights you may have to control our use of Personal Data and how to exercise those rights.
Collection of Your Personal Data
We may gather the following categories of Personal Data about you. Note, only a subset of these apply depending on how you have configured your Pulse status.
- Information commonly used to identify you, such as your name, user name, email address, and other similar identifiers
- Credit/debit card or other payment information
- General information about your product and service preferences
- Information about your device, network, and internet connection, such as your IP address(es), MAC address, other device ID (UDID), device type, operating system type and version, preferences, and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, push notification tokens, and client version.
- We automatically collect information about your usage of Services including actions taken including your set work hours, and your time online or offline. We also collect information about your interactions, including the dates and times of your use, frequency, duration, quantity, platform, and other feature usage information (“Usage Information”) for the purpose of determining the automatic status.
- The Pulse desktop app also captures keyboard and mouse activity to determine if you are in focus for your status. It does NOT save this information. It does NOT record where you click on the screen, and it does NOT record what you type. It is not a keystroke-logging application.
- The Services allows you to connect to third-party applications you use. The Services captures events and other information from these third-party applications to enable automatic status. For example, if a user connects their Google or Outlook calendar, that user will share information about the individuals they schedule meetings with, the event titles, the names of their calendars, the duration of events, and more. In addition, the Services will capture general authentication data from third-party applications such as your name, email address, phone number, tokens, or other identifying information when applicable. When you integrate our Services with a third-party application, the information we receive depends on the settings, permissions, and are also bound by the privacy policies controlled by that third-party application.
- The Services also allows users to provide information about their teammates, including name and email address, to invite teammates to use the Services, and/or an administrator may also provide your contact information if they are onboarding an entire team.
We collect this data to provide you with the best experience with our Services. Note, other service providers who help us deliver our services such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud may collect or have access to information on our behalf. We confirm that our service providers do not sell Personal Data they receive from us or on our behalf and that they only use Personal Data in order to perform the services we have asked of them unless otherwise required by law.
We may also receive other Personal Data that third parties collect in other contexts, which we may use in order to better understand our users, and enhance our services.
We provide a paid Service and use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processor we work with is Stripe.
The Services allow you to integrate various third-party applications to automate status including Google Drive, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Jira, Trello, Zoom, etc.. To connect third-party applications, you must have an account and authenticate with each third-party application. We will store the login credentials or associated tokens to allow us to continue to provide the Services. We will also collect any data or content contained within the third-party application required for our Services. We allow you, or your account administrator, to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to delete or export your account data. If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com.
You may only use the Services according to our Terms of Service as applicable. We prohibit you from using the Services to transmit sensitive data such as regulated health information, financial information, or other sensitive information.
We are not responsible for how any third-party application collects, processes uses, retains, or discloses your information. The way a third-party application processes information is governed by the policies of the third-party application. We disclaim all liability or damage which may arise from the practices, actions, or omissions of any third-party application that you integrate.
If you are invited to join a Pulse team account, we will share your information with the team account holder and other team members. The team account holder will have access to your name, email address, avatar (if any), usage. Other team members will have access to your name, email address, and avatar (if any). Any information you share through a team account, including integrations that you create, may be visible to all team members of the team account.
The Services allow you to collect, process, transmit or disclose information, content, or posts that may include other parties’ personal information. You are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to collect, process, transmit or disclose other parties’ information.
The Services are intended for use by organizations for their employees. Where applicable, the organization that holds the administrative account is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the accounts over which it has control. That organization determines how to use the Services. For employees of an organization, please direct your data privacy questions to your account administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different from this policy.
Use of Google Services
Users of the Services can integrate Google Calendar, Google Drive and use Google to authenticate. Information received from these connected third-party services will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
The personal information used by Pulse collected from you may include:
- When opted-in, the Services can automatically share your recent Documents, Sheets, Slides, and other Google Drive activity with your teammates.
- When opted-in, the Services automatically syncs with your calendar to let your team know when you are in a meeting or other scheduled event. You can select which calendars and whether meeting titles are shown. The services can view events on all your calendars.
We use this information to facilitate automatic status in our Services. For example, the Services may display that the user is currently in a meeting or recently edited a document. In addition, the user can log into the Services using their Google account.
The user can disconnect their Google account from the Services at any time by removing access to that Google account via settings in our Services or by navigating to the Apps with access to your account link in your Google account.
Passive Data Collection
The Services use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics, to collect some information about you when you use our Services for purposes of analytics and support. Information collected may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referrer URL, exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this information to offer and improve our services and troubleshoot.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Use of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data (i) with your consent (where necessary), (ii) for the performance of any contract you have with us (such as your agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Services), and (iii) for other legitimate interests and business purposes including in a manner reasonably proportionate to provide, operate, maintain and improve our Services.
We process Personal Data when you use our website and applications to use or sign-up to use our Services for purposes such as:
- Account configuration
- Account maintenance
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the service
- Protecting, investigating, and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, or illegal activity
- Providing reports to users based on information collected from the use of our service
- Processing your orders and delivering the Services that you have ordered
- Providing support and assistance for our Services
- Providing the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- Providing the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information
- Providing customer feedback and support
- Complying with our contractual and legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
We process Personal Data when you visit our website as well to:
- Keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- Provide customer feedback and support
- Provide and administer opt-in contests, sweepstakes, or other marketing or promotional activities on the Lentil or affiliate websites
- Provide you with information and offers from us or third parties
- Conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end-users
- Personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
Facilitating Your Use of Our Services
We may collect Personal Data on behalf of our customers. For purposes of GDPR and CCPA, we are the “Processor” of that Personal Data, acting as a service provider on behalf and at the direction of our customer, and our customer is the “Controller” or decision-maker. We are typically required to follow a customer’s instructions related to Personal Data we have collected on behalf of that customer. On a customer’s instructions, we may provide reports containing Personal Data relating to the customer’s account.
You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We send you push notifications from time to time. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your devices such as operating system and user identification information.
It is possible that in the future another company may acquire Lentil AI or our assets or that we may partner with or purchase another company to continue to do business as a combined entity. In the event that any such transaction occurs, it is possible that our customer information, including your Personal Data, may be transferred to the new business entity as one of our assets. In such an event, we will update this policy to reflect any change in ownership or control of your Personal Data.
We collect various levels of information depending on what you have authorized and configured in ur Services’ settings about where you are located when you are using our Products. We use this information for purposes such as optimizing your connection to our data center and optimizing your automatic status experience with our Products.
Age Limit and Privacy Concerns
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
Does Lentil AI sell Personal Data?
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for any purposes, including marketing. We share Personal Data within Lentil AI and its affiliated companies, and with third-party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage. We also share Personal Data with business partners, service vendors and/or authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide requested Products or transactions, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, and providing customer support. We provide these third parties with Personal to complete/utilize the requested Product or transaction.
Data Subject Rights
We do our best to give you reasonable controls over the Personal Data we process about you as set forth below. Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled to certain legal rights with respect to your Personal Data.
Here are the types of requests you may make related to Personal Data about you, subject to applicable laws, rules, or regulations and business or user license restrictions or exceptions:
- Access: You can request information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data. If you are a California resident, you can request information about both the categories and specific pieces of data we have collected about you in the previous twelve months, the reason we collected it, the category of entities with whom we have shared your data, and the reason for any disclosure.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems (subject to the limitations noted below).
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (subject to the restrictions noted below).
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Lentil AI’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Under certain circumstances, we will not be able to fulfill your request if it is not technically possible after consent is provided to use our Services. In order to make such a request of us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the following address:
333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
If you have a password-protected Pulse account, we will use your account information to verify your identity. If not, we will ask you to provide additional information needed to verify your identity. The type and amount of information we request will depend on the nature of your request, the sensitivity of the relevant information, and the risk of harm from unauthorized disclosure or deletion.
If you are a California resident and would like to designate an authorized agent to exercise any of your rights, please contact email@example.com. In addition, you may have legal rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Lentil AI is prohibited from discriminating against California consumers that choose to exercise their privacy-related rights under the CCPA.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland, or Switzerland, you may have legal rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Linked Websites and Third-Party Services
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or the services you use.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Data
Our Services are generally hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Lentil AI and its service providers. Data may be collected from wherever our users are located. We may transfer your Personal Data from the U.S. to any Lentil AI affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. Where local law requires, we may store data locally in order to comply with global regulations. By using any of our Services or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers.
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025