Slack mobile app is not updating with Pulse status
In some cases, users may find that the Pulse status is not updating frequently enough on the Slack mobile app. This happens because Slack caches the status on mobile. If you experience this, you may need to force Slack to refresh the statuses by quitting and restarting the Slack app:
To restart the Slack app on iOS:
From the Home Screen or inside an app, swipe up from the screen’s bottom and hold. You will see all open apps and their preview. Swipe horizontally to find the Slack app. Finally, swipe up the Slack app card to force quit it. You can then restart the Slack app and see the updated workspace status.
1. Open the “Settings” app on your Android device. …
2. Select “Applications” and open “Manage Applications.”
3. Tap “Running Applications” and scroll to find the Slack app in the menu.
4. Tap “Force Stop” to quit the Slack application.
5. Restart the Slack app to see the updated workspace status.
Note: Despite your Pulse status not accurately updating in your Slack mobile app, your teammates should see your desired Pulse status in the Slack workspace.